This circulation policy, in effect as of September 2002, intends to offer Waupun Public Library materials and services in the most efficient manner possible. With this mission in mind, these policies were created to encourage responsible use of publicly owned materials.
Your library card entitles you to check out material from all other libraries within the Mid-Wisconsin Federated Library System and many other libraries in Wisconsin. You must use your card to check out materials from the library. By applying for a library card you have “agreed to obey all the rules and regulations of the public library; to pay all fines promptly charged against you for overdue and lost material and give prompt notice of change of address.” Children may obtain a library card if their parent/legal guardian has a card in good standing. As with a credit card, you are financially responsible for any items borrowed using your library card. There is no charge for a new library card. There is a $1.00 charge to replace a lost card.
Adult Books: 4 Weeks
New Books: 2 Weeks
Interlibrary Loan books are individually dated
Depending upon supply, we may limit the number of holiday materials to be checked out at one time. All holiday materials circulate for 2 weeks.
Magazines and Newspapers
Magazines in plastic covers, those marked “current” and current newspapers do not circulate.
All other magazines and newspapers: 2 Weeks
Pamphlets: 2 Weeks
Please do not return magazines and newspapers in book or video drops.
Compact Discs: 2 Weeks
Audiobooks: 4 Weeks
Feature Videos/DVDs: 1 Week
Non-feature Videos/DVDs: 2 Weeks
CD Player: 1 Week
Large Screen Television, VCR and Overhead Projector
These are available for use in the conference room. You must arrange for these when you sign up for the conference room.
We do not offer grace periods.
Waupun Books, CDs, Magazines, Pamphlets & Newspapers: $0.10/day up to maximum of $5.00 per item
Waupun Videos and DVDs: $1.00/day up to maximum of $5.00 per item
Interlibrary Loan Items: $0.25/day up to a maximum of $10.00 per item
Damaged and lost articles are fined in keeping with the value of the item.
A refund for the cost of material (not the fine) is possible if the item is returned within 60 days.
We are part of the SHARE consortium. If materials borrowed from any SHARE library become overdue, the charges applied to your account will follow the lending library’s fine structure.
Library users with fines exceeding $1.00 may not check out materials.
The Waupun Public Library will not allow patrons who owe library fines to use other persons’ library cards to acquire materials. These efforts to avoid payment of fines on their own cards are unacceptable and may result in permanent suspensions of borrowing and computer privileges from the Waupun Public Library.
Library Fines and Computer Use
Library users with fines exceeding $1.00 will not be allowed to use the Library computers until such fines are paid down to $1.00. Users will be allowed to use the computer one time with verbal notification of a fine, but after this will be blocked until fines are paid down to $1.00.
An item may be renewed if there are no other holds on the item. Renewals may be requested by phone (two times only per item). Additional renewals require presenting the material at the library.
You may place a hold on items when they are already checked out by asking for help at the front desk or placing a hold yourself at one of the online catalog computers in the library. You may also place a hold from home by navigating to the SHARE catalog.
If our library or library consortium does not own an item, borrowing the material from another library may be possible. You will need a library card to make an Interlibrary Loan request. To order an item, fill out a request form available at the circulation desk. When your requested item is received, you will be called.
Patrons may reserve time on computers for word processing and Internet by phone or in person up to one week in advance. Reserved use of a computer by one person is limited to one hour per day. If no one else wishes to use the computer at the end of a reserved time slot, the patron may continue to use it. Walk-in time may be available in unscheduled time slots or when a scheduled user fails to keep an appointment.
Printing to the network printer costs $0.10 per page.
Patrons may reserve time on the microfilm reader/printer by phone or in person up to one week in advance. Reserved use of the microfilm reader/printer by one person is limited to one hour per day. If no one else wishes to use the reader/printer at the end of a reserved time slot, the patron may continue to use it. Walk-in time may be available in unscheduled time slots or when a scheduled user fails to keep an appointment. There is a $0.10 charge per copy.
Two copy machines are available for public use. Copies are $0.10 per page.
Institution Circulation Policy
The Library recognizes education and assisted care facilities as worthy of special courtesy in terms of circulation privileges. Under this policy, for schools, late fines will be waived if the materials are returned within 60 days. For institutions, normal fines will be waived if the materials are returned within 4 months. After that time, materials are considered “not returned” and the account in question will be subject to normal fines and referred to a collection agency or the librarian.
Code of Conduct
- PATRONS MUST ATTEMPT TO KEEP NOISE AT A LEVEL THAT DOES NOT DISTURB OTHERS.
- SMOKING IN THE LIBRARY IS PROHIBITED.
- EATING AND DRINKING ARE ONLY ALLOWED IN THE CONFERENCE AND BOARD ROOMS, AND COVERED DRINKS ARE ALLOWED THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE LIBRARY.
- ANIMALS OR PETS ARE ONLY ALLOWED IN THE LIBRARY AS AN APPROVED EXHIBITION, ASSISTANCE TO PERSONS WHO ARE DISABLED, OR UNDER THE CONTROL OF PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICIALS.
- FOR REASONS OF PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY, BARE FEET ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE LIBRARY. ALSO, SHIRTS WILL BE WORN WHILE IN THE BUILDING.
- LOITERING IN THE LIBRARY OR ON LIBRARY GROUNDS IS NOT PERMITTED.
- ONLY ONE PERSON SHALL USE ONE SECTION OF A STUDY CARREL. A MAXIMUM OF FOUR PERSONS MAY SIT AT ANY ONE TABLE, UNLESS GIVEN PERMISSION BY LIBRARY STAFF.
- PARENTS MAY NOT LEAVE YOUNG CHILDREN UNATTENDED IN THE LIBRARY.
- UNAPPROVED SELLING OF GOODS OR SERVICES IS PROHIBITED. PERSONS OR ORGANIZATIONS WISHING TO MAKE USE OF THE LIBRARY FACILITY SHOULD CONTACT LIBRARY OFFICIALS TO OBTAIN APPROVAL.
- PERSONS WHO CONDUCT THEMSELVES IN AN INAPPROPRIATE OR DISORDERLY MANNER SHALL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE LIBRARY. THIS INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING: DISTURBING OTHERS, MISUSE OR DAMAGE TO THE BUILDING OR FURNISHINGS, LITTERING, SLEEPING, RUDENESS OR PROFANITY, INDECENT, VIOLENT OR ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR, EXCESSIVE ODOR.
- CONCEALED CARRY WEAPONS, OR WEAPONS OF ANY KIND, AR NOT ALLOWED INSIDE THE LIBRARY BUILDING. EXCEPTIONS MAY BE MADE BY THE LIBRARY DIRECTOR FOR EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS.